Reporting A4 Report - Canvas Like / Skedler

Hello opensearch-community! :slight_smile:

i tried beta 1 and it all looks very clear and simple. One feature I personally still miss - the possibility to create reports in A4 format, which can be exported as PDF. It should work something like the Canvas feature - but I only use Kibana virtualizations, text fields and a few images.

Is such a feature planned or does it already exist and I just can’t find it? Or does anyone have an idea if there is any alternative to skedler?

Thanks and many greetings

Ayakashi

Have you looked at OpenSearch Reports?

(Indeed, moving this to the more relevant category)

Hi there,

thank you for your reply. I already looked into it, but it only allows to create a report based on Dashboard, Visualize, or Discover, or am I wrong?

I meant a feature like Canvas in Kibana to build a din a4 report with text and kibana visualizations in it. Is there anything planned?

Thanks and Best Regards

Ayakashi

You have a few options.

If you want something super simple, you can create a Report and add a header or footer - you can put in some text in the header and footer along side a single visualization. Then you export to PDF.

The second thing you can do is create a dashboard with text (markdown) and a visualization. Then create the report based on this visualization.

The other option would be to create a report based on a Notebook. The notebooks are essentially markdown + visualizations. Then you use Reporting to export as a PDF. This would allow you some extra flexibility.