Hot/warm on CC follower

Hi there,

Im trying to figure out if it is possible to use hot/warm architecture only on the follower node?
I mean I have a central cluster where my application runs. And several clusters that only ingest data, then I’d want to replicate that data to the central cluster to make it available to my application. However, this’ll yield many data on the central cluster and I’d like to use hot/warm architecture there, but not on the leader nodes.

Is that possible? If yes, how?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Have you thought about cross cluster search rather than cross cluster replication.
With cross cluster search you have just one copy of data and you can search across various clusters.

I believe cross cluster replication was created to replicate one index as is on another cluster, which means leader cluster will be source of truth and followers will try to replicate what leader does to that index (very high level understanding). i dont think they would want to develop a feature that is contradictory. so you may want to reindex the data in your follower or think about cross cluster search…

Hi,
ccs sounds great :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s how I understood cc replication, too. But if the follower is able to assign attributes for war automatically, why shouldnt it work? hm.

Thx!