It’s been a while! The number you’re probably all wanting to hear: we’re 98% of the way through reworking the projects. Let’s break down the work:
- 100% done with removal of all x-pack code
- 100% done with reworking the licensing tools & checks
- 100% done with removal of telemetry
- 100% done with test framework updates
- 95% complete on the rework of our CI configuration
- 95% complete with the removal of the build metrics
- 95% complete on the rework of the build and distribution packaging
Even after we get to 100% on everything, we’ll still have several steps before we can release the fork projects, so sit tight – we’re really close!
As mentioned in our previous fork update, we have a few project questions and guiding documents we’re preparing to release to the community. We had a few prepped and ready to go but upon final evaluation we realized that the cart was placed squarely in front of the horse regarding subject matter. As a result, we’ve been busy working on new documents. Expect those soon and be prepared to provide your full and honest feedback.