Support for Elastic 7.x

I understand the Open Distro will lag behind stable Elastic releases, and that 7.0 is a relatively major change. Any anticipated timetable or lag for Open Distro release supporting Elastic 7.x?

Thanks

3 Likes

What changes? If you are talking about the removal of types this can still be achieved in 6.7 by using include_type_name=false

Hi. Yes we are working on ES 7.0 support and anticipate having it available within a few weeks. Ultimately we would like to shrink this window down to just a couple of weeks but ES 7 is a pretty significant change as you can imagine.

Thanks.

2 Likes

@carlmead Will you be able to provide any visibility into ES 7.0 support ?

1 Like

Hi @yuvaraj We’re working on 7.0 support - rolling out shortly - keep a lookout for the announcement!

1 Like

Thanks & Sure @alolitas

Is there any update for support for ES 7.1.1? Or is there a guide for building? I tried following this guide (GitHub - opendistro-for-elasticsearch/deprecated-security-parent: [DO NOT USE - DEPRECATED as of v1.4.0] Parent repo for Open Distro Security plugin; Merged into security repo.) but I get a lot of errors surrounding OpenSSL, even thou that is installed. I am specifically interested in LDAP support, that is my main goal of using this plugin.