Running on K8s - crashloopbackoff?

Has anyone tried running this on K8s? I have recently been chipping away at getting elastic running on k8s using the stable helm chart but the features of this variant seem to cover all the concerns we have with the vanilla version.

Have used Kompose to translate the docker compose example in to some deployment and service YAML files but the odfe nodes get stuck in a crashloopbackoff:

[2019-04-11T10:44:10,372][INFO ][o.e.b.BootstrapChecks ] [3eb2PV8] bound or publishing to a non-loopback address, enforcing bootstrap checks
ERROR: [1] bootstrap checks failed

Anyone seen this? Or know how to guide a K8s/elasticsearch/docker beginner through it?

EDIT: so actually found this issue elsewhere and it is not specific to this build etc. mainly just the deployment.yaml or cluster has the incorrect settings. need to try and work through a few bits and pieces to see if I can make it work.

1 Like

I’m running elastic and kibana 0.7.1 on k8s successfully.

I suggest you start without any custom configuration and use the demo setup. Once that’s working then you can slowly add your custom configurations.

what about trying to setup an K8S Operator e.g. GitHub - upmc-enterprises/elasticsearch-operator: manages elasticsearch clusters