I am trying to setup Opensearch to study feasibility of implementing read only access to couple of dashboards. I followed the steps as given here but I get “Application Not found” error.
Even some of the forum topics discuss that but the file they refer in github does not exist.
Here is the snippet of what i tried.
- logged with admin/admin
- created a sample dashboard with Ecommerce Revenue dashboard
- created read only role “osreader” with below parameters/mapping
cluster-permissions : all read permissions(indices:read, get, search* etc*) including cluster_composite_ops_ro
index permissions : opensearch* (which is the default index for the ecommerce dashboard and available in index patterns page)
- No Tenant selected
5 .mapped role to “osviewer” user for which i have selected osreader as backend role. and added osviewer user to other read only roles(kibana_user, kibana_read_only, readall)
- I login with “osviewer” user
- login successful, gets only dashboard in the menu
- when I click dashboard, I get “Application Not Found” error.
- when I view the roles and Identities for the user from the UI, it lists below
Still i get Application Not found error, what is the process to get this corrected? what all other permissions/roles am I missing here?
Is it possible for readonly user to view a dashboard created by admin? Even if it displays, is there a option to NOT to have “Edit” button for the dashboard?
Using the latest Opensearch version