Metricbeat Dashboards for Opendistro Kibana

Has anyone installed Metricbeat dashboards into Kibana for Opendistro 1.3.0?

I’ve successfully installed and configured the Metricbeat OSS package metricbeat-oss-7.3.2-amd64.deb, and I can see there is data in my elasticsearch cluster.

I Enabled the elasticsearch and system metricbeat modules and installed the Metrobeat Index and Dashboard Setup successfully
But when I log into Kibaba, there are no dashboards or visualizations to inspects the data and nothing in Saved Objects either?

It appears that the Dashboards were installed into the Global Tenant, so when I switched to that I found the System Dashboards, but unfortunately no Elastistack Dashboards.

This seems like an obvious hole in the Opendistro offering.

Dunno where to go from here to view my elasticsearch/system cluster health info?
Can anyone give some guidance or advice based on your experience knowledge of Opendistro

2 Likes

Metricbeat removed prebuilt elasticsearch dashboard. Not sure from when, but at least from 6.8
Take a loot at Modules | Metricbeat Reference [6.8] | Elastic

You can try GitHub - lmenezes/cerebro

I know this is a bit late, but if anyone else finds this, here’s how I got the dashboards in the global tenant space:

setup.ilm.enabled: false
setup.kibana:
  host: https://kibana.dragns.net:443
  username: ${USERNAME}
  password: ${PASSWORD}
  headers:
    securitytenant: global

On a side note, my kibana is public and mainly using OIDC for auth. I added a user for metric beat to get by.

1 Like