Kibana error in log : Unable to connect to Elasticsearch Error: master not discovered exception

Hello All,

I am trying to execute mt Kibana UI login and it fails.

I checked the logs for the pod and this is what it shows:

[lewellf_adm@awva-pclif03001 kibana]$ kubectl logs kibana-75f647cf75-5l5lz -n monitoring-tools
{“type”:“log”,“@timestamp”:“2020-09-01T13:19:36Z”,“tags”:[“warning”,“plugins-discovery”],“pid”:1,“message”:“Expect plugin “id” in camelCase, but found: apm_oss”}
{“type”:“log”,“@timestamp”:“2020-09-01T13:19:37Z”,“tags”:[“info”,“plugins-service”],“pid”:1,“message”:“Plugin “visTypeXy” is disabled.”}

@babel/polyfill is deprecated. Please, use required parts of core-js
and regenerator-runtime/runtime separately
{“type”:“log”,“@timestamp”:“2020-09-01T13:19:40Z”,“tags”:[“warning”,“legacy-service”],“pid”:1,“message”:“Some installed third party plugin(s) [opendistro-alerting, opendistro-anomaly-detection-kibana, opendistro-sql-workbench, opendistro_index_management_kibana, opendistro_security] are using the legacy plugin format and will no longer work in a future Kibana release. Please refer to https://ela.st/kibana-breaking-changes-8-0 for a list of breaking changes and Migrating legacy plugins to the Kibana Platform | Kibana Guide [8.4] | Elastic for documentation on how to migrate legacy plugins.”}
{“type”:“log”,“@timestamp”:“2020-09-01T13:19:41Z”,“tags”:[“info”,“plugins-system”],“pid”:1,“message”:“Setting up [42] plugins: [usageCollection,telemetryCollectionManager,telemetry,kibanaLegacy,devTools,uiActions,statusPage,share,newsfeed,mapsLegacy,kibanaUtils,kibanaReact,indexPatternManagement,inspector,embeddable,esUiShared,discover,charts,bfetch,expressions,data,home,console,apm_oss,management,advancedSettings,telemetryManagementSection,visualizations,visTypeVislib,visTypeVega,visTypeTimeseries,visTypeTable,visTypeTimelion,visTypeTagcloud,visTypeMetric,visTypeMarkdown,inputControlVis,savedObjects,navigation,visualize,dashboard,savedObjectsManagement]”}
{“type”:“log”,“@timestamp”:“2020-09-01T13:19:41Z”,“tags”:[“info”,“savedobjects-service”],“pid”:1,“message”:“Waiting until all Elasticsearch nodes are compatible with Kibana before starting saved objects migrations…”}
{“type”:“log”,“@timestamp”:“2020-09-01T13:19:41Z”,“tags”:[“info”,“savedobjects-service”],“pid”:1,“message”:“Starting saved objects migrations”}
{“type”:“log”,“@timestamp”:“2020-09-01T13:20:11Z”,“tags”:[“warning”,“saved objects-service”],“pid”:1,“message”:“Unable to connect to Elasticsearch. Error: [master_not_discovered_exception] null”}

Can someone please help me fix this issue?

Greatly appreciated!

Freddie2020

Hello @FREDDIE2020, can you please check what is specified in your /etc/kibana/kibana.yml
elasticsearch.hosts: http://es.domain.tld:9200

And try to test if from the Kibana node using curl:
curl http://es.domain.tld:9200

1 Like

@stmx38

So kibana.yml does have the elasticsearch.hosts entry defined correctly but cannot do curl from pod.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Freddie2020

Documentation - Kibana

1 Like

Thanks. I was able to resolve my issue by deleteing kibana setup and re-applying using kubectl.

FREDDIE2020