Install Alerting Plugin on Elasticsearch cluster | no handler found for uri [/_opendistro

Hi everyone,
i’m actually testing the latest release of Alerting plugin ( 9.0.0) on a 4 nodes Elasticsearch cluster. **I didn’t install others plugins just Alerting plugins **

Elasticsearch cluster side:

I didn’t perform any elaticsearch restart like asked with SQL plugin, i’m on a dockerized cluster :

When i perform through CLI elasticsearch-plugin list , the plugin is listed.

Kibana side:

When i try to create a monitor,specially when i select index and timestamp,i have a couple of errors. Opendistro internal index are not created during plugin installation :

Alerting - MonitorService - executeMonitor: { no handler found for uri [/_opendistro/_alerting/monitors/_execute?dryrun=true] and method [POST] :: {"path":"/_opendistro/_alerting/monitors/_execute?dryrun=true","query":{},"body":"{\"name\":\"TEMP_MONITOR\",\"type\":\"monitor\",\"enabled\":true,\"schedule\":{\"period\":{\"interval\":1,\"unit\":\"MINUTES\"}},\"inputs\":[{\"search\":{\"query\":{\"size\":0,\"aggregations\":{},\"query\":{\"bool\":{\"filter\":{\"range\":{\"timestamp\":{\"gte\":\"{{period_end}}||-1h\",\"lte\":\"{{period_end}}\",\"format\":\"epoch_millis\"}}}}}},\"indices\":[\"auditd_deflector\"]}}],\"triggers\":[],\"ui_metadata\":{\"schedule\":{\"timezone\":null,\"frequency\":\"interval\",\"period\":{\"interval\":1,\"unit\":\"MINUTES\"},\"daily\":0,\"weekly\":{\"mon\":false,\"tue\":false,\"wed\":false,\"thur\":false,\"fri\":false,\"sat\":false,\"sun\":false},\"monthly\":{\"type\":\"day\",\"day\":1},\"cronExpression\":\"0 */1 * * *\"},\"search\":{\"searchType\":\"graph\",\"aggregationType\":\"count\",\"timeField\":\"timestamp\",\"fieldName\":\"\",\"overDocuments\":\"all documents\",\"groupedOverTop\":5,\"groupedOverFieldName\":\"bytes\",\"bucketValue\":1,\"bucketUnitOfTime\":\"h\"}}}","statusCode":400,"response":"{\"error\":\"no handler found for uri [/_opendistro/_alerting/monitors/_execute?dryrun=true] and method [POST]\"}"}
at respond (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:308:15)
at checkRespForFailure (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:267:7)
at HttpConnector.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:166:7)
at IncomingMessage.wrapper (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:4935:19)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:194:15)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1103:12)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
  displayName: 'BadRequest',
   'no handler found for uri [/_opendistro/_alerting/monitors/_execute?dryrun=true] and method [POST]',
  path: '/_opendistro/_alerting/monitors/_execute?dryrun=true',
  query: {},
  body:
   { error:
      'no handler found for uri [/_opendistro/_alerting/monitors/_execute?dryrun=true] and method     [POST]' },
  statusCode: 400,
  response:
   '{"error":"no handler found for uri [/_opendistro/_alerting/monitors/_execute?dryrun=true] and method [POST]"}',
  toString: [Function],
  toJSON: [Function] }   

There is a post script or something else to add all the internal configuration needed by Opendistro alerting plugin on a existing Elasticsearch cluster ?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hi @piellick,

You need to restart elasticsearch process for installed plugins to be picked up.

Hi @dbbaughe, thanks for your help.
my cluster is based on docker image , orchestrated with Kubrenetes, i will try to update image and redeploy elasticcluster with plugin.

thanks

Hi @piellick,

This might be a useful read:

2 Likes

It’s perfect, building image with the plugin is for sure … the best solution !

Closing the topic as resolved.