In the Feb 5 instalment, we went into the quantitative git stats but today I’d like to provide you with a more specific update of what’s happening in the forking process.
The ElasticsearchFork (“search” repo) team is reporting that they’re 85% complete to having a fully clean and open source version ready.
- 100% of the telemetry collection is removed
- 98% removal of all x-pack code
- 90% done with rework of CI and build metrics
- 90% done with removal of x-pack license checks
- 90% test framework updates including functional unit and and full integration tests.
- 40% done with build tooling rework
The KibanaFork (“website” repo) team has given me a brief report, but it’s looking pretty good.
- 100% removal of all x-pack code.
- 100% removal of telemetry
- 100% removal of marketing content (including RSS feed)
99.8% of the unit tests are passing, 99.9% of the integration tests are passing and 100% of the functional tests are passing.
We’re getting really close, folks!