Error updating to version 7.x

Hello, the cluster is running version 6.5.4 and I now want to upgrade to version 7.x.
From what I’ve found, first I need to update into the latest version of 6.x and then migrate into 7.x. Is this correct?

But when I run sudo yum update elasticsearch-oss-6.7.1 is stopping with the following error:

Error: Package: opendistro-performance-analyzer-1.0.0.0-1.noarch (opendistroforelasticsearch-artifacts-repo)
    Requires: elasticsearch-oss = 7.0.1
    Removing: elasticsearch-oss-6.5.4-1.noarch (@elasticsearch-6.x)
        elasticsearch-oss = 6.5.4-1
    Updated By: elasticsearch-oss-6.7.1-1.noarch (elasticsearch-6.x)
        elasticsearch-oss = 6.7.1-1
    Available: elasticsearch-oss-6.3.0-1.noarch (elasticsearch-6.x)
        elasticsearch-oss = 6.3.0-1
    Available: elasticsearch-oss-6.3.1-1.noarch (elasticsearch-6.x)
        elasticsearch-oss = 6.3.1-1

What are the steps to get from 6.x to 7.x?

Download new repo file, it will include 7.x, but you still will need to download elasticsearch-oss = 7.0.1 manually, because it no longer exists in the repo index

this has been addressed in:

The only way I figured out to accomplish a clean upgrade is the following sequence, by manually specifying the versions like below:

systemctl stop elasticsearch.service
yum remove elasticsearch-oss
yum install elasticsearch-oss-7.0.1 opendistroforelasticsearch-1.0.0  opendistro-sql-1.0.0.0 opendistro-security-1.0.0.0 opendistroforelasticsearch-kibana-1.0.0

So, to resolve this without any dependency issue one has also to remove elasticsearch-oss before moving on. The downside of this is that all the permissions has to be adjusted after elasticsearch-oss reinstall, as eg. the elasticsearch user being removed and then re-added again but with different uid/gid.
This means currently an upgrade always requires manual aftercare (not mentioning the elasticsearch breaking changes ).