Direct download of rpm packages

Hey guys,

I just want to ask you if there are links to download rpm packages directly. Cause I have many servers who can not communicate outside of there own network. So if there are direct rpm packages the installation would be much easier.

At this moment I try to download it with yum download manager but this just a workaround not a solution.

I am looking forward for any help or ideas
Best regards
Robert

2 Likes

Hi Robert,

we have not documented a way to download rpm packages directly, let us gather that information and we will share it with you shortly. The current release is 0.8.0 [1], so we likely point you to it. Let me know if you need any previously release versions.

[1] Open Distro for Elasticsearch 0.8.0 is now available

Hi @halkazzar i need the version for kibana 6.5.1 (I believe it was the first release of open distro for elasticsearch)

It would be nice if you share this information with me :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Robert

Hi @Grashee.
The first opendistro release (0.7.0) is for kibana 6.5.4. You can follow these steps.

### Computer with internet access
# Follow https://opendistro.github.io/for-elasticsearch-docs/docs/install/rpm/ to set up distribution link
cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
sudo curl https://d3g5vo6xdbdb9a.cloudfront.net/yum/opendistroforelasticsearch-artifacts.repo -o opendistroforelasticsearch-artifacts.repo

# Make a folder to store rpms
cd ~
mkdir ODFErpms

# download rpms for a specific release version
sudo yum install --downloadonly --downloaddir=ODFErpms opendistroforelasticsearch-0.7.1

### Computer without internet access. copy ODFErpms here

# Install java if it is not already intstalled
sudo yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel

# Install local rpms
cd ODFErpms/
sudo yum --disablerepo=* localinstall *.rpm
2 Likes

Hi Robert ,

I want to know how to download the complete packages in the above link which you provide
Thank you .

Please provide the procedure to me

@halkazzar

Hi,

Do you have any update if ther will be any possibility to download rpm packages directly?

Thanks,
Jan

Hi everyone, so the method that @zhoqingy provides is actually very clever and should work. If you were to just download the opendistroforelasticsearch-<version>.rpm and try to install from that, you’d get a bunch of dependency errors. For example:

$ sudo curl https://d3g5vo6xdbdb9a.cloudfront.net/yum/noarch/opendistroforelasticsearch-1.0.1.rpm -o opendistroforelasticsearch-1.0.1.rpm
$ ls
opendistroforelasticsearch-1.0.1.rpm
$ rpm -ivh opendistroforelasticsearch-1.0.1.rpm 
error: Failed dependencies:
	opendistro-alerting >= 1.0.0 is needed by opendistroforelasticsearch-0:1.0.1-1.noarch
	opendistro-sql >= 1.0.0 is needed by opendistroforelasticsearch-0:1.0.1-1.noarch
	opendistro-security >= 1.0.0 is needed by opendistroforelasticsearch-0:1.0.1-1.noarch
	opendistro-performance-analyzer >= 1.0.0 is needed by opendistroforelasticsearch-0:1.0.1-1.noarch
	opendistro-job-scheduler >= 1.0.0 is needed by opendistroforelasticsearch-0:1.0.1-1.noarch
	opendistro-alerting < 1.0.1 is needed by opendistroforelasticsearch-0:1.0.1-1.noarch
	opendistro-sql < 1.0.1 is needed by opendistroforelasticsearch-0:1.0.1-1.noarch
	opendistro-security < 1.0.1 is needed by opendistroforelasticsearch-0:1.0.1-1.noarch
	opendistro-performance-analyzer < 1.0.1 is needed by opendistroforelasticsearch-0:1.0.1-1.noarch
	opendistro-job-scheduler < 1.0.1 is needed by opendistroforelasticsearch-0:1.0.1-1.noarch

If you’re interested in this sort of piecemeal installation, the better path is probably to just treat ODFE as a collection of plugins. Each plugin can be installed standalone from a ZIP file. We’ve documented that process here: Standalone Elasticsearch Plugin Install - Open Distro Documentation

1 Like