CSV report from discover security problem

Hello,

I use elk 7.10.0 with opendistro 1.12.0.
My user is under all_acces right.

I try to use CSV report from a saved search using the dialog: ‘share’ then ‘generate CSV report’.

But I receive the following popup : Reporting error forbidden.
I get also a 403 error in my console log :

“error”,“plugins”,“reporting”],“pid”:1,“message”:“{ Error: Authorization Exception\n at respond (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:349:15)\n at checkRespForFailure (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:306:7)\n at HttpConnector. (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:173:7)\n at IncomingMessage.wrapper (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:4949:19)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:203:15)\n at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1145:12)\n at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)\n status: 403,\n displayName: ‘AuthorizationException’,\n message: ‘Authorization Exception’,\n path: ‘/.reporting-2021-04-11’,\n query: {},\n body: false,\n statusCode: 403,\n response: ‘’,\n toString: [Function],\n toJSON: [Function] }”}

slight_smile: “res”:{“statusCode”:403,“responseTime”:148,“contentLength”:9},“message”:“POST /api/reporting/generate/csv 403 148ms - 9.0B”}

Have you an idea concerning this problem.?
Thank

@reporting-team Is this a reporting issue or a security issue?

@comijac
What type of authentication do you use?
Where do you see this error? Kibana or Elasticsearch logs?
Do you run two separate clusters? ELK and ODFE?

Just to clarify, I don’t see generate CSV report in share, instead is in Reporting.

Update1
Just noticed that generate CSV report is available under Share in ELK and Reporting in ODFE.
Is the error in ELK or ODFE?

How did you installed opendistro1.12.0? Did you install the reports-scheduler(ES plugin) and kibana-reports(Kibana plugin) both?

@reporting-team
According to my console log, it is a security problem. The problem does’nt concern opendistro reporting.
I use Share/Csv report, so the error is between elk7.10.0 and opendistrosecurity
Error was in kibana log.
I use ELK 7.10.0 with opendistrosecurity plugin 1.12.0