Cross Cluster Replication

Hello Everyone,
First of all, Thank you for a great job on creating OpenDistro for Elasticsearch. It has benefited a huge number of organizations.

I would like to receive a feedback from the experts on the Cross Cluster replication. My current deployment architecture for ES installation is a multi-node cluster on kubernetes running 3 master, 2 Data and 2 Client nodes and storing the data in a persistent volume (glusterfs) at a local cluster.

For DR/HA cluster, I would like to understand how community users are implementing the Cross-Cluster replication.

Here are the options that I am considering:

• Running both sites to store data in Persistent Volume (realtime): With this approach, I will basically be getting data from kafka Queues where I can fetch data using unique group/consumer at each site.(Ref)

• Network File System(NFS): Using an external network file system which will be accessed with Pods(in K8s) and be available to both the sites.

• Snapshot & restore using ES Curator

Can some one please enlighten me if you think above options have proved well or have any other recommendations?

Appreciate it. Apologies for the delay. We will take a look and get back to you.

Any news? xD :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

pssst https://opendistro.github.io/for-elasticsearch/blog/releases/2021/02/announcing-ccr/

1 Like

Nice, awesome!
Gonna try it asap