couchbase Elasticsearch Connector

Hello,
I migrated from opendistro to opensearch, and since the migration the couchbase elasticsearch connector does not work anymore because of the version of opensearch, I have this error message: Failed to connect to Elasticsearch. New attempt in 16s
java.lang.RuntimeException: Elasticsearch version 2.0.0 or later required; the current version is 1.2.3, apparently the connector is a bit stupid since it thinks it’s elasticsearch and not opensearch, is there a solution for that?

Hi,

You may need to configure the compatibility setting [1], so the connector would get the recognizable version:

PUT _cluster/settings
{
  "persistent": {
    "compatibility": {
      "override_main_response_version": true
    }
  }
}

[1] Moving from open source Elasticsearch to OpenSearch · OpenSearch

2 Likes

@RAMZI Did @reta’s solution work out for you?

thank you for saving me, it works fine now !! :grin:

1 Like

Hello Again,
is it possible to configure opensearch-dashboard not to have kibana version 1.2.0?

I installed metricbeat and when I try to install their dashboard I get this error

metricbeat setup --dashboards
Loading dashboards (Kibana must be running and reachable)

Exiting: Kibana API is not available in Kibana version 1.2.0

1.2.0 is the version of opensearch-dashboad and not kibana

thnks

That’s an interesting one. @ahoppity Have you seen anyone else surface an issue like this (or have a work around)?

1 Like

Thanks for highlighting @searchymcsearchface!

@RAMZI I don’t think it’s that you need to configure opensearch-dashboard not to have kibana version 1.2.0, but rather metricsbeat thinks Dashboard is Kibana 1.2.0. When the cluster reports its version OpenSearch version as 1.2.0, metricbeat interprets it as a Kibana version and throws the expected error as if Dashboards was Kibana 1.2.0.

There is a workaround (and more context) in this issue. And there is also an associated write up here that might be helpful.